Thursday, June 04, 2015

The Best Chili Yet!



I've been experimenting making chili for years now.  I pretty much make it different every single time I make it.  I mean, I used to have my "tried and true" method, but as I've grown I've gotten a little more daring and have ventured out for a long time now trying different variations.  The same ol' thing gets boring after a while, right?

Well, I have to say that my family loves this version of chili so much that we actually wrote down the ingredients and the method so that we can remember how to do it again.  I think I know the secret of why it's so pleasing to everyone...bone broth!  That's right.  I made homemade broth, or stock, or whatever you choose to call it, a while back.  Something possessed me to add it to the chili instead of water.  OH...MY!  SUPER YUM!

Besides being super delicious it was super filling.  This is a VERY satisfying chili.  It seems weird to be sharing a chili recipe in June, but we live in Michigan.  It's only been a few days since the last frost.  When we made this chili a couple of days ago it was in the 50's and rainy.  Perfect chili weather!  Today it's in the 80's.  I did tell you this was Michigan we're living in.  You never know from one day to the next which season it will be.









If you give this recipe a try I'd love to hear what you think.  How do you make your chili?  Do you do something out of the ordinary?  We'd love to hear about that too!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...