Monday, November 09, 2015

Things I'd Rather Be Doing than Folding the Laundry



So, I've been thinking about what I like to do.  It's simple to figure out what I don't like to do.  At the top of my list is housework, and at the very top of that list is folding the laundry.  Currently, there are about five loads of laundry waiting for me to fold them and another load going in both the washer and dryer with about another two loads still waiting to enter the mix.  Yeah, I let it go a little bit.  Your point is?

Anyway, on to the fun stuff.  Maybe this list will help you think about things you like to do that feed your soul, nurture you, and bring you joy.  Here is what I've come up with so far:

Instead of folding the laundry, I would rather...

...read a good book.

...edit pictures.

...learn to use text fonts more creatively.

...write a story.

...draw a picture.

...color color a picture.

...take pictures in nature.

...walk by the river.

...visit a farm stand.

...bake a cake.

...make cookies.

...can pickles.

...observe my chickens.

...commune with the sheep.

...write a letter.

...drink coffee and read all of my emails.

...create busy bags for the kids.

...learn to crochet toys.

...play the piano.

...play the clarinet.

...rearrange a room in my house.

...refinish my bedroom furniture.

...catalog my library.

...start an online bookstore.

...list items for sale online.

...organize a closet.

...locate the rest of my digital pictures.

...create a yearbook for our homeschool.

...write in the empty school days albums for my kids.

...plan fun unit studies.

...listen to music and dance.

...watch my children play.

...sit in a quiet corner and read.

...attend a theatrical production.

...listen to music really loud.

...plan my spring garden.

...go for a long country drive taking time to stop and explore.

...walk the Wadhams to Avoca Trail.

...take pictures of my children.

...promote my business.

...spend time with a friend.

...visit my grandparents.

...walk by the water.

...read a book in my car by the water.

For those of you that have told me I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I had the time.  You are wrong!  I even surprised myself.  I could go on, but this list was just growing and growing.  Besides, I'd love to hear what it is YOU would rather be doing than folding laundry.  Reality is that I'll be spending the better portion of tomorrow managing our clothing.  Reading your comments will make the mundane much more enjoyable.  Do share!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'll take you up on spend time with a friend. ME!!!!! Totally digging on this post. I have two baskets and a discreet (HA) pile on the floor that need to be folded. My most dreaded task.

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

I would LOVE to be able to spend an afternoon chatting with you. Not sure that would be enough time to catch up on the past, eh-hem, 20+ years, but it would be a start. This mama is longing for a road trip! Oh, what I wouldn't give to have a little retreat with some of my favorite ladies from "back then."

annette @ a net in time said...

What would I rather do than laundry? read, blog, walk, hold baby bunnies, watch the guinea pigs, take in a museum with my lad, read, write, homeschool, knit (and I don't much like knitting either), kick fallen leaves, and so much more. :)

Leah Courtney said...

I would much rather do most anything besides the laundry!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...