Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Good News Today

Today was the day. We had to be in for her ultrasound at 10:30 this morning. The purpose? Determine whether or not the placenta has moved out of the way of the birth canal. The previous ultrasound showed that the placenta was blocking the cervix putting both our daughter and the baby in grave danger. Praise God! The placenta has moved off to the side, so there is no more danger to either of them, and we can plan for a natural birth.

The next doctor's visit will be next Tuesday. At this visit we will discuss a birth plan. This is something that is going to require some thought, prayer, and sensitivity. It is our daughter's desire for us to take Avery immediately upon birth. Up until this point we really haven't given the birth plan too much thought or conversation, because we did not know what her delivery might entail. Of course it would be a completely different situation had we needed to go the way of a planned C-Section. Now, it looks as though things will progress normally, so we need to determine what that means for us as a family.

This is such a unique opportunity and something we never could have foreseen. There is so much to do and such little time to do it. I have been painstakingly considerate of our daughter's feelings. This means that I have not done a whole lot of preparing for the baby. She asked to not be a part of the shopping, planning, or any other aspect of the preparations. Due to the fact that she will be living in our home for another six weeks or so, I have been trying to wait to do too much in the baby department. I have purchased some clothing and things for the baby's bedroom walls, but that's about the extent of things. It's just weird to me. Anyone that knows me would see how this is just so against my nature. I am a perfectionist planner type.

I have found myself sick with a cold for the past week, and that has really slowed me down. So, last weekend I made a list of everything we will need for Avery. Wow! Who remembered that babies required so many things. Even if one takes a conservative approach to the whole development, the list is still long. It seems January will find me consumed in everything baby.

2 comments:

redkathy said...

You are a remarkable person! God will surely bless your love filled intentions!

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

redkathy - Thank you so much for your kind words. God is hearing a lot from us in regard to this. His peace is amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...