Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Out to...VBS!


Just a quick note to thank my dedicated visitors and Entrecard Droppers! I know I haven't been too active with the visiting and dropping myself. The month of July has been exceptionally busy. We had our mini-vacation, two birthdays, the family reunion that I was in charge of, and now VBS. I am the director again this year, and it is in full-swing this week. We are all SO blessed! Everything always works out, and everyone has fun.

If you think to, please keep our program in prayer. We have about 75% of the children as visitors! This is just so wonderful. Our church is a little short on young ones, so we really reach out to the community. This is the second year that my assistant and I have run the program, and we have learned so much.

We also have visitors from Solid Ground, a local transitional housing program. Please keep these families in prayer. They have been through so much and need all the support, love and encouragement that they can get. Solid Ground is our special outreach program. The children are actually learning how to pray, and outreach is actually part of the VBS program. It's a beautiful thing!

After the program is over, I promise to be back in full swing. I'll be visiting all of your sites, so keep leaving those Entrecards! Enjoy the rest of the month. Fall is just around the corner!

2 comments:

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Sounds like a marvelous opportunity to help families making a transition. Directing VBS is a lot of work but well worth it. We just had ours just last week and it was a lot of fun! I helped in grades 4-6 and my husband helped in grades 2-3.

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

Karen - That's awesome! We've grouped the kids by age. I like the idea of grade level. I'll have to keep that in mind. It is a lot of work, but I really do enjoy it. Plus, I get a lot of exercise walking back and forth in the church all week long!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...