Saturday, January 30, 2010

Our New Little Guy

Words cannot begin to convey the positive experience it has been welcoming Avery into our family. He is an amazing little guy, and I cannot imagine life without him. This has been a totally awesome experience for all of us, our entire family. You just cannot imagine the way it has brought us together.

First, let me tell you that Amie is doing wonderfully! She was a real trooper in delivery. The experience was wonderful for all of us. Pat and I were both there helping to bring him into the world. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Helping her delivery Avery was by far the best birth experience I have ever had. I felt so connected to both of them. It was a truly emotional and life changing experience for me. I actually assisted and watched as he came out. Life is SO amazing!

The poor, little guy had the cord around his neck during delivery, so he had to be taken to the nursery where he spent the next two days. It was tough having him in there and not rooming with me, but we are still praising God that he is 100% healthy. It took him a day to begin eating. I guess that's normal for babies that have had that type of experience during delivery. I've been caring for him since the beginning, and we are already bonded to each other. Is there anything better than a baby that knows you are his mommy? I don't think so!

Let me tell you how sexy it is seeing my husband in "daddy mode". This is something that we never thought we would get to experience together. What a gift! Life is different when you get to watch the person you love more than any other melt in the presence of a life shared. Oh, the power of a baby! Now, I am the only woman in a home with four other males. What a turn of events. It used to be that the women out numbered the men two to one. I have to be honest and say that I LOVE being the only lady present. It's pretty cool!

I'll post more later, but in the meantime here's a picture of our new little guy:


Is that not the cutest baby you have ever seen?
I could be just a little biased...

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes he is a handsome fellow...

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

Thanks,Grace! :o)

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Hello, Avery! Welcome to the world!

Brad said...

Handsome indeed. What a joy! Congratulations Tina.

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

Thanks you Karen and Brad! :o) I cannot tell you the joy he has brought our family. What a little bundle of everything good!

redkathy said...

He is absolutely beautiful! I have always been the only female in the house. Even the dog is a male for cryin' out loud! It is a cool thing except for having to keep track of where everyone's stuff is. Men are so blind lol Congratulations on your newest gift!

Hazel said...

Congratulations - such a sweet baby...

Lynne said...

Congratulations on your new blessing! He really is quite precious looking! :-D

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

Lynne - Thanks so much! We think he's rather charming...especially now that he smiles. :o)

Jude said...

What a wonderful story and outcome for everyone, he's adorable. I love the book you are going to make for him and the words are perfect, congrats to you all.

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

Jude - Thank you for your kindness. I just wish the little guy would sleep long enough for me to make it! :o)

Dorothy said...

What a beautiful baby,and best of luck with your new treasure.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

Thanks, Dorothy! :o)

kofie said...

congratulations!! that angel is cute
!! may he have more blessings to come^^

Auntie E said...

So cute and precious indeed. I remember holding our daughter for the first time at the Birthing Center. We had photos but having her in our arms, priceless. Hubby just cried, We would still be childless if The birth-mother had not chosen us. Congrats to you all. 15 year later and I am so in love with our daughter. she was indeed a precious gift for God and the Birth mother.

Auntie E said...

Congrats to you both.

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

Kofie & Auntie E - Thank you for your kind comments. It's hard to believe a month has already gone by. No wonder we don't remember them being as little as they are when they're born. It only lasts a minute!

i cant decide said...

He is very cute! Congratulations.

I'm stopping by for blogwalk Tuesday with Heidi and Brenda.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...