Thursday, October 22, 2015

Koru Naturals - A Review



As you may well remember, I was first introduced to Koru Naturals earlier this year when I was invited to review a couple of their products.  Well, I loved them!  So, when the opportunity came along again I jumped at the chance to explore their product line further.  This time around I got the opportunity to enjoy three of their products; Emu Oil and Blue Tansy Oil Cream, Manuka Honey Propolis Soap, and Skin Care Creme.  The short of it is that all of these products are amazing!  Read on for the specifics.

Let me preface by saying that I have struggled with various issues with my skin for pretty much my entire life.  With this in mind it makes me nervous at times to try different things where my skin is involved.  Anything too strong, and my skin is red and irritated.  I don't like skin care products that leave an oil or film behind.  Washing too much dries my skin out.  Most things don't help my personal issues.  Point being, skin care is a complex issue for me, and I tend to approach it from the inside out.  I had basically given up on topical care beyond the necessities.  That is until Koru Naturals came into my life.  Here are the details of what I've been enjoying this time around:

Emu Oil and Blue Tansy Oil Creme with Aloe Vera and MSM - I was given a bit of a choice in regard to the products I got to try, and I indicated an interest in this particular creme with my husband in mind.  He's a transmission mechanic therefore his hands work hard.  They tend to bother him a lot and at the time they were achy.  Well, in the short time it took for me to have the product in hand his hands were no longer bothering him.  So much for that idea!  BUT, hold the phone!  As luck would have it, for the review not me, I injured my right arm.  I am right handed, so this is a tad inconvenient.  Having the Emu Oil and Blue Tansy Oil Creme with Aloe Vera and MSM on hand made all the difference for me.  The muscles in my arm were strained, and it is taking a very long time to heal.  The creme is wonderful.  It does not leave an oily residue, which is surprising to me wince it's actually an oil blend.  My skin absorbed it nicely, and it has helped me through the healing process.  I like that it doesn't have a strong, offensive smell like some products that I have tried in the past.  In fact it is odorless.  I also like that it contains Arnica.  We keep arnica on hand, and it is wonderful for trauma.  It's nice to have a product that I can feel comfortable using that actually helps my body through the healing process.


Manuka Honey Propolis Soap - Let me start out by saying that this is a VERY generous bar of soap.  Weighing in at 4.93 ounces it's almost more than a handful!  I should tell you that I am not normally a fan of bar soap.  So, when I say that I just love to use this soap it really does say something.  I love it's silky texture and the way it lathers right up in our hard well-water.  It's an attractive bar with its honeycomb shape, layered design, and embossed bumblebee.  I love, love, love the way it makes my skin feel!  I never have to worry about my hands drying out and cracking while using the Manuka Honey Propolis Soap.  In fact, I love it so much that I think I am going to pick up a second bar for the shower.


Skin Clear Creme - As I mentioned above I do have sensitive skin, especially on my face.  Well, I was a tad nervous to put this creme on my face, but I braved up and took one for the team.  I don't really struggle with acne.  Praise God!  So, I just tried it to see what it's like, and I was pleasantly surprised.  It didn't feel bad to have it on my face.  My skin didn't get red or irritated.  In fact, it felt kind of nice.  I can see why others enjoy using Skin Clear Creme as a day and night creme.  It makes your skin feel soft and supple.  I would have loved to have the resident, female adolescent give it a try, but she's still got a couple years to go to meet the age recommendation.  You better believe that I'm keeping this on hand for those dry, winter months when our wood burner is kicking out that dry air, and I'm keeping it in my bag of tricks for when these younger humans that I reside with reach that dreaded right of passage we call puberty.

Over the past year or so I have been on a quest to become more conscious of not only the things we put in our bodies but also the things we use on our bodies.  I am happy to have discovered Koru Naturals and look forward to trying more of their products in the future.  Next on my list is shampoo and conditioner.  With their free shipping to the U.S. for orders $35 and over it will be easy to pick my next products as well as cross a few things off my Christmas gift list.

Be sure to check out Koru Naturals on Facebook and Pinterest, and don't forget to check out the other reviews by the crew to learn more about the other products available.



Koru Naturals Review
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...