Sunday, February 15, 2009
25 Random Things About Me
I first saw this over at THE Andrea, and then my good friend Lisa tagged me on Facebook. So, I am giving it a whirl here. Why not get the brain juices flowing?
1. I was born in Hollywood...Florida, that is.
2. My maternal grandparents are farmers, and my love for cooking began with them.
3. I have my maternal grandfather to thank for my cookbook addiction. Yes, it can easily be classified as an addiction.
4. My paternal grandmother died when I was 11 of pancreatic cancer. She was an amazing woman that had a tremendous impact on my life even though she was there for so little of it.
5. I am very proud of my Irish roots and hope to one day at least visit Ireland. I would also love to trace my family tree on both sides some day after the kids are grown and gone.
6. I am thankful to live in a home school friendly state and country for that matter.
7. I became a nana at the ripe old age of 34 and will soon have a grand total of SIX, which means I will have more grandchildren than my mother.
8. I have a twin that is pregnant with twins.
9. I love to volunteer and plan to do mission work somewhere in the future. Currently, I volunteer in my community and try to encourage others to do the same.
10. My ultimate goal is to completely convert to a vegan diet and live off the grid.
11. To me, success is living a life full of love and sharing what I have with others. I have many plans of how I will be able to make a difference in the lives of my fellow man.
12. I am working my way through the New Testament. I am currently in the book of I Corinthians. I really enjoyed the book of Romans.
13. This year will be my second year as VBS coordinator for our church.
14. I LOVE working with young children.
15. I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and information. However, I would love to have a better memory!
16. My youngest child will be 15 next week.
17. I am writing a cookbook with my best friend of 27 years. She is like a God-given sister, and I consider her a gift.
18. I am VERY organized, but I can tend to procrastinate on things that I dread doing, like the taxes, or I think will be tremendously difficult or time consuming.
19. I would love to learn to paint and draw. I have an American Girls drawing book that is for kids that I love to play with when I get that creative inclination and have no idea what to do with it.
20. I bought this beautiful art set as a gift to myself for my birthday. I cannot wait to start using it.
21. I secretly get massages about every two months or so; not the relaxing kind, but the more therapeutic type. I have a bum shoulder that really gives me grief, and it helps...sometimes.
22. I beat myself up all the time about not exercising and really want to get into shape so that I can better serve God, myself and my family.
23. I desire a much closer relationship with my husband.
24. I am trying to come to terms with the fact that we are not going to be able to move from our house due to the current economic downturn and the dramatic decline in the housing market. We have been in our home for over 12 years, and our agreement was FIVE! Had we sold our home when I wanted to it would have netted us a nice 50K profit. Now, it would cost us to sell it.
25. When I am done educating the kids, I plan to go to college for photography.