Thursday, March 19, 2009

Exhaustion

This seems to be a general theme lately, but I really am exhausted. It only seems to be getting worse. I think I have finally just overdone it. My body is screaming at me to take care of it.. It seems that would entail just generally doing much of nothing.

I have been at a loss as to how to tackle this and move forward. After visiting Native Remedies I found myself realizing that I already know what I need to do, and the fact that I am struggling with it is no surprise. How do you increase your physical activity level when you are too pooped to get out of bed? How do you shop for and prepare a nutritious meal when you cannot even think? How do you drive to your body worker if you cannot even get dressed? Unfortunately, this is the all too common dilemma.

Native Remedies
did give me one tool that I do think I will try, and that is some natural remedies that I can take to try to boost my energy without being harch on my system or suffering any ill side effects like you would from OTC medications. I am going to force myself to get out, buy some food, and pick up the following remedies:

Siberian Ginseng - Used for centuries in China and Russia, this plant is prized for its ability to restore vigor, increase longevity, enhance overall health, and stimulate both a healthy appetite and a good memory. In Russia it is widely used to enhance productivity and help the body adapt to stressful conditions. Siberian Ginseng is considered to be an adaptogen meaning that it restores balance within the body by targeting what is out of balance within the individual.

Olea europea (extract of olive leaf) - perfect compliment to the health regimen for the chronic sufferer of exhaustion.

Centella asiatica - Known uses include: wound healing, better circulation, memory enhancement, cancer, vitality, general tonic, respiratory ailments, detoxifying the body, treatment of skin disorders (such as psoriasis and eczema), revitalizing connective tissue, burn and scar treatment, clearing up skin infections, slimming and edema, arthritis, rheumatism, treatment of liver and kidneys, periodontal disease, strengthening of veins (varicose veins), blood purifier, high blood pressure, sedative, anti-stress, anti-anxiety, an aphrodisiac, immune booster, anabolic and adaptogen etc.

Based on the above information I could get a side benefit. As long as I can remember I have suffered from psoriasis. A welcome side effect from using these supplements to improve my physical state could also be an improvement in my psoriasis. What a welcome improvement that would be! Over the years I have learned that my diet and stress level directly effect my psoriasis. So, improving either would have positive effect. Adding the supplements will just be a bonus.

In addition to the above remedies and improving my overall diet and activity level I also plan to make and keep an appointment with a good friend that does body work. I have been putting this off for far too long. I will also be taking some time for myself very soon. It is much needed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...