Wednesday, April 01, 2009

A Challenge for You


As mentioned previously I am doing several things in an effort to change my current state of exhaustion and being overwhelmed with life in general. I have changed my supplement regimen to include Olive Leaf and Ginseng Complex. I have taken control of my time by politely stopping someone from taking advantage of me thereby freeing up a lot of my time and eliminating a very taxing situation. I have also started attending a Depression Seminar at our church.

I have attended three meetings, and there are six left of the first phase. I have learned some valuable information so far. There is homework, and that is what I am going to share with you right now. The assignments so far are as follows:

1. Print the ENTIRE Serenity Prayer and hang it somewhere in your home where you will notice it daily. Every day read the prayer and think about what it means to you. Is there a certain part that seems really pertinent to your life at this moment? Think about it's implication.

2. Get a notebook that you can write in and record FIVE things that you are grateful for EVERY DAY, even if it's something like, "I am grateful for running water." Start paying attention to the good things in your life.

3. This is the challenge: You CANNOT say ANYTHING CRITICAL about ANYONE or ANYTHING for 14 DAYS. When you say something critical, you have to START OVER!

Research has indicated that it is more important to avoid negative thinking than it is to focus on positive thinking. The idea is to divert your negative thoughts before they manifest themselves as words flowing from your mouth. Over time you will retrain your brain by using parts of it that are not used to being used. It takes planning and practice.

What do you think? Can you take the challenge?

2 comments:

Ganeshan Nadarajan said...

Research has indicated that it is more important to avoid negative thinking than it is to focus on positive thinking.

Ganeshan Nadarajan said...

The blog is interesting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...