Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Best Friends

A best friend is a special gift from God, and was I given big! My best friend and I have been just that for 11 years. She is more of a sister to me than a friend. I consider her God's special gift to me. She knows me better than anyone ever has or ever will. She's got the dirt, if you know what I mean. I really doubt there is much of anything that she doesn't know. It's likely she knows me better than I do.

It's a good friend that will tell you the truth even when it's not what you want to hear. Sometimes the truth hurts, and it's then that we need someone that's willing to stand up and say what needs to be said no matter what. This friend will, she has, do just that...more than once. I can count on her for the honest to God's truth no matter what.

We have had ups and downs. There has been pain and tears, but through it all we have always been there for each other. We've made it through the storms and have seen the rainbows. What a blessing it is to know that there is one person in this entire world that knows me, really knows me, and still loves me. What a gift to be accepted just as I am, flaws and all, with no strings attached. Some people have no one, and I have been gifted with the best.

This week I get to spend three days cooking and hanging out with my best bud. There will still be school work, but there will be girl talk, cooking, cookbook discussions, and cups of tea. There will be music, gardening, and walks by the water...maybe. How much fun can two homeschooling moms cram into three days? We'll find out, and you'll be the first to know. I'll be off line until Friday. Hope you all have a lovely week! See you on the flip side...

3 comments:

deejay said...

it is just of a rare kind both of you to have that kind of friendship...god bless.

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

Yes, it is rare, and I do feel SO blessed. Thanks!

Salute said...

Friends can lay the foundation for lasting memories.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...