Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sheldon Churchill and The Cheerful Flowers

As any one of you that regularly visits here must know by now, I LOVE HOMESCHOOLERS! I love homeschooling and everything about it. It is my experience that homeschoolers are awesomely creative people; children and parents alike. Homeschoolers are unique in such an awesome way, and I am so proud to have had the courage to take the path that led to homeschooling on my personal life's journey. And, might I add, the courage to have stayed the course.

Homeschooling is not for the weak or faint of heart. It is for the brave and the bold. Homeschooling requires guts and persistence. It requires trust and honesty. Homeschooling definately requires thinking outside of the box, and what could be more cool? My favorite people, of all ages, are those that think outside the box as a normal part of life. Thinking outside the box is a natural part of life for the most interesting people around in my humble opinion. Free thinkers are interesting, inventive and creative.

Where am I going with this you might wonder? Why, to Sheldon Churchill and The Cheerful Flowers, of course. This film was created by Adrian's friend Kevin Rossi and the band he has with his brother, Two-Toned Sterence. You will see his parents are even involved as actors. I love this film and think it is truly inspirational. It is an eight part series that will require some time to watch in it's entirity, but it is so worth the view! Please take the time to support some really cool homeschoolers. Watch their film and up their views on YouTube. Be inspired!

8 comments:

Duni said...

The concept of homeschooling doesn't exist over here, unfortunately.
I think of myself as a freethinker and I also admire people thinking outside the box!

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

I've always thought that it is sad that you do not have the freedom to educate your children in Germany. I am fortunate to live in a very free state in my country. Not all are as free as mine. So glad to hear that you are still able to be a freethinker! Life outside the box is beautiful, is it not?

Homeless Blogger said...

What a nice blog. Thank you. I'd like to give you entrecard credits for free: just visit my site please ;-)
my siten

Jackie said...

Unfortunately I can't listen to the video due a slow internet connection. I am on satellite and not DSL and both of my satellite companies scream fowl every time I do any down streaming.

But, I have to give you a big hands up on home schooling. Both of my two oldest grandsons were home schooled through out their elementary years.

Both are amazingly smart, creative and resourceful. They too both study, play and compose with 2 instruments each.

Also when they entered into the middle school and their mother let them go to public school. They wanted to try it and they live in an area where the schools are terrific.

But, still both of them were ahead by 1 to 2 years when they enrolled.

I applaud all of you home school moms. It takes a lot of hard work, creativity, and dedication!!

I hope you have a great day!
Jackie

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

Jackie - Thank you for you kind thoughts. What a blessing that your grands got to be homeschooled for the time that they did. Having some children that went through public school and some that stayed home, I am now a BIG proponent of homeschooling!

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

ECHack - Checked out your blog. I really don't get it...

Unknown said...

"The Zoo Crew" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope you like the image I featured, and I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2009/09/sites-to-see.html

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

FishHawk - Thank you! What an honor!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...