Thursday, January 29, 2009

Down with the Flu


I have posted about remedies before, and I guess I am giving them a plug again. The Boiron site is very informative. I started coming down with something Sunday night. I managed to fend it off until late Monday afternoon with a lot of prayer and a stomach remedy I happened to have on hand. It was not exactly what was called for, but it kept the nausea at bay. I had something VERY important to attend to that day, and it was imperative that I make it through able to speak and drive back and forth on a two-hour, round trip drive. Fortunately, I made it home before running to the bathroom.

I even managed just enough time to stop off at my local health store and pick up oscillococcinum. (Too bad I did not know about the two dollar coupon offered on their site.) Having watched my granddaughter while she was sick, I knew what I was in for! It was not going to be pretty.

Having had the gumption to stop and pick up my reliable remedy was just what was ordered. I took it from the outset and was only literally ill once. What a relief! I do not know about you, but "praying to the porcelain god" is about as low on my list of things I like to do as you can go. I spent all of Wednesday evening and Tuesday in bed and moved a little slow on Wednesday, but I am just fine now.

I am telling you, if you have not ever taken the time to learn about homeopathy, you really should give it a look-see. It is SO worth your time to check out. For the most part, they are affordable. With our family spending most of our years uninsured they have been the ultimate blessing. I have actually grown to appreciate not having health insurance. The freedom that comes with that is life altering. We can make all of our own decisions, and I choose natural medicine with gratitude.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...