Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting it Together

Things are FINALLY falling into place, and my head seems to have quit spinning, at least for now. My To Do List is shrinking, and I am getting more planning done. This is likely due to the fact that I have left the building. That is, I am away from home until Sunday. This is allowing me time to think and wade through the details of what needs to be done.

Two things that I am doing that have made a huge difference in the static content of my brain are planning my educational calendar and making a meal plan. It is nice to be able to open up my planner, look at what needs to be done, and not have to think about it. By the end of the weekend I will have our school plans laid out in more detail through at least February. I will also have planned our meals through the end of the month. It is SO NICE to not have to think about what I am going to make for dinner each and every day. If you do not practice this habit already, I highly recommend it. It is very beneficial and quite the time saver.

After I have completed my meal plan I will be writing my grocery list so that I am fully prepared for next week upon returning home. The real challenge will be getting back on track with our school day and incorporating my 2.5 year old grandson into the schedule with two teenagers! Fortunately, my good friend is giving us some age appropriate items that her children have grown out of that he will likely have fun with. I am going to try to give him things to do that challenge him and provide stimulating activity not just television style babysitting to keep him out of our hair.

Part of lowering my internal vibration will include a drastic organizational overhaul of our office area. It used to be our master bedroom, so it is descent sized. Over the course of the next few weeks we will be converting it into an office/music room, and I am VERY excited to finally gain control over the space. It is the last area of our home that needs organizational attention. It will be a TREMENDOUS relief on me to finally have it functioning effectively for our needs.

Check back next Monday to see just how all this positive progress has really panned out for me...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know ADRA and are you a Seventh-day Adventist? I am SDA!

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

Yes, I am a Seventh-Day Adventist! Thanks for introducing yourself. Welcome!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I don't have to plan meals. When my mom wasn't well there was a time when I did have to plan meals--it was very stressful for me. I am not a cook! Like you though, I tried to plan them out a week at a time.

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

At first I hated the idea of meal planning. Fortunately, I do love to cook. Cooking does become stressful for me in times like this when my schedule is near unbearable. Even though it does take a little effort to plan ahead, the reduction in my day to day stress is well worth the investment. It does take some getting used to, though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...