Monday, June 02, 2008

Remedies

It has been years since I have purchased an over the counter medication from a pharmacy or drug store. I have made it a priority to educate myself on the alternatives to chemical medications pushed on us by the government, lobbyists and the media. In doing so I discovered homeopathy.

Homeopathy has been a trusted means of wellness for 200 years. According to Samuel Hahnemann, the originator of the "like with like" theory, diluting and succussing (shaking) remedies, which homeopaths call potentisation, not only produced fewer side effects but also produced better results than the way of opposites, most commonly used by conventional medicine. This has been my experience over the last eight years or so that I have been using homeopathic remedies for myself and my family.

It is very easy to learn about remedies as well as locate and purchase them. You can do Internet research, consult a homeopath, visit your local vitamin shop or natural food store, or acquire a book on the subject from a book store or library. It is important to pay attention to the details of your symptoms. The more accurate you are with how your feel and what you are experiencing the easier it is to find the appropriate remedy for your circumstance. One book that I have relied on for years as a catalyst is The Prescription for Nutritional Healing by James F. Balch, M.D. and Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C. It was recommended to me by a friend, and I have referenced it countless times over the years and even given it as a gift time and again.

If you are suffering from any ailment that has not been cured through conventional medicine, I highly recommend that you seek an alternative. Visiting your local health food store is a great place to start. You never know what you can learn when you venture outside of conventional thinking.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...