Monday, June 16, 2008

Where are your thoughts?

God has been at work in my life, and I am SO thankful! Whether or not we realize it, God is always faithfully there by our side. I cannot imagine what might have happened to me when I was younger had God not sent his angels to care for me. What a blessing it is to be a child of God!

Do you think on these things? Where are your thoughts? Are you thankful for what you have, or are you wallowing in the "have-nots"? What is in the forefront of your mind when you wake in the morning? Are your thoughts on good things? Do you thank God for what you have each morning, or do cry about what you think is missing?

Our thoughts are so powerful! What do you do with the power God has given you? It has become very evident to me that being positive is likely the best thing we can do for our self and for God. What is God to do with a "Gloomy Gus"?

Maybe things are bad. Maybe you are dealing with something that is difficult or frustrating. What is the more fruitful action to take? Should you sit around, mope, and complain? Rather, would it be better to rejoice in what you have, and be hopeful?

There was a time when I wallowed in misery. I'll tell you. It got me nothing but more misery. Once I learned to change my thought pattern I was so blessed. Perspective is powerful, and we do possess the power to re-frame our thinking.

Today, think on things that are good. Combat negative thinking with positive thinking. Better yet, combat negative thoughts with scripture. God has given us HIS WORD so that we may learn and grow and face struggles with His power.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).

5 comments:

Emma the Golden Girl said...

What a beautiful post. I always try to direct my thoughts towards the positive and be grateful for all the good in my life.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the beautiful verse to go along with it. It was a great way to start the morning's reading.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by! I visited your site and signed up for the STOP Puppy Mills campaign. What a wonderful thing to be involved with. I share your love for animals. My Gypsy dog is from the local Humane Society!

Sherry Go Sharing said...

hi, I am thinking fuel is getting expensive but I am sure life goes on.

Karen and Gerard said...

Excellent post, and so true! Every morning is a brand new day that God gives us. Attitude is so important in the way we respond to things that happen and I like having a fresh start every morning.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing those profound words in your post, "Where are your thoughts?" We need to ask ourselves this everyday because our thoughts mold and shape the very core of what we become. Excellent read.

Angela Doss

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...